“Having carefully developed our place, we decided that we would like to share it with others
across New Zealand and from around the world. We have really enjoyed creating Bush Sand and Sea
as a place for people to come and sample our world for a while.”
– Alan and Lyn Happy
Your Hosts – Alan and Lyn Happy
- Alan and Lyn both grew up in Auckland and have lived at Bethells Beach since 1971
- They were the first to move into upper Te Aute Ridge and first established the road with a land cruiser!
- The first 8 years were lived in a little cabin out the back, while building the house you see today
- Bush Sand and Sea was built in 2008 as a way to share their slice of paradise with others
- Both have a passion for the environment and ensuring that they impact it as little as possible
- They have a wealth of local knowledge, both about the area and its history, can advise you on what to do while you are here and can tell you all about the local wildlife of this beautiful native bush.